There can be a lot of factors in our lives that influence how easily we lose or gain weight. Food combining for weight loss is a simple, yet very effective way to ensure that the body burns fat properly. The idea is to eat certain foods together that are easily digested together. And to avoid foods that when paired together hinder the digestive process. Interested to know more? Read on below for information about food combining for weight loss – what to eat together to help you lose weight.
What is food combining for weight loss?
Different foods require different conditions in the stomach and different enzymes for proper digestion. For example:
- Proteins require acidic juices for digestion
- Carbohydrates require alkaline juices
When your body uses these different juices simultaneously, they neutralize the effect of one other. This makes them not as effective for our digestion as they could be. Which can lead to the food we eat not getting digested properly, causing it to stay in the stomach where it can linger and ferment.
The benefits of a food combining diet
- Enables the body to burn fat effectively
- Prevents accumulation of undigested food particles in the intestine
- Prevents digestive problems such as constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, and heartburn
- Improves energy levels and vitality
What food combinations are best for weight loss
- Avoid eating protein-rich foods like meat, eggs, and cheese with carbohydrate-rich food such as bread, rice, or grains.
- Carb-heavy foods should be eaten with cooked, non-starchy vegetables such as leafy greens.
- Low-sugar fruit should always be favoured. This includes berries, lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi fruit, melons (rockmelon, watermelon etc.), and peaches. Try and eat fruit on an empty stomach as well, or at least 20 minutes before a meal.
- Eat nuts and seeds only with raw vegetables.
The Total Body Reboot weight loss plans are diet programs based on food combining principles. This allows for your body’s digestive enzymes to do the very best work they can.
For more information on our range of weight loss plans, or how you can benefit from a food combining diet, contact one of Personal Health Educators today.